for all Volunteer members of the Penn & Tylers Green Together Coronavirus Help group
- Picking up food and other essential items
- Posting mail
- Walking dogs, if feasible
- A friendly phone call
We do not provide emergency medical assistance or advice, nor do we operate 24/7.
Prescription delivery is normally organised by Lansdales Pharmacy through Village Care for those self-isolating. However, if you are asked to collect a prescription, the resident should provide all required information. Please check how urgently the prescription is required and that you can deliver it in the required timescale, if not please ask your co-ordinator to find someone else to undertake this task.
Shopping and other errands
- The road volunteer receives and notes a resident’s request for help and should ensure that the caller knows the name of whoever will be dealing with the request and so will later be knocking on the door.
- Bulk shopping is not the intention and a limit of say £25 seems reasonable.
- Ask the resident for a shopping list, check if they can accept alternatives.
- We suggest that you do not ask for the money up front, but do agree the method of repayment.
- When you return with the shopping, photograph the receipt. Observe all the standard safety advice. Wear gloves, leave the shopping outside the doorway with a receipt, retire 3m, telephone or knock and await payment, wash hands.
Methods will vary depending on the supplier, the volunteer and the resident, but can include:
|Direct with local stores (some will deliver too)||Volunteer Pays Up Front then reclaims from Resident||Resident sets up Gift / Charge Card for Volunteer||Volunteer takes payment to shop (not recommended)|
|Credit or debit card over the phone with the shop||Bank transfer to the volunteer||Volunteer can take pre-paid card to do shopping||Contactless card to £45 – provide receipt|
|Dips – Kings Ride: 07770 933717||Paypal or other online payment||Waitrose|
|Village Store on the Green: 07826 277609||Cash – best handed over in a small plastic bag||Sainsburys|
|Co-Op at Park Parade: 01494 717080||Cheque|
|Halls Butchers: 01494 711565|
Click & Collect with a supermarket – has, of course, to be paid for in advance by the resident.