Grant Giving Policy & Notes For Grant Giving Applicants
Download form here
If you are a representative of a not-for-profit organisation in Penn & Tylers Green that needs financial or other assistance to meet your objectives then P&TGRS may be able to help.
Every year P&TGRS determines its grant-giving budget for the coming year and welcomes applications for modest amounts of money to support local projects that meet its grant-giving criteria. The budget is established and runs from the start of each financial year.
Grant Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for a grant:
- The applicant must be a local organization, charity, school or similar providing services of benefit to the local community (grants are not made to individuals).
- The purpose of the grant request needs to be clearly stated and must be in alignment with one or more of the charitable objects of the Society which are to:
- Advance education.
- Provide facilities in the interest of social welfare for recreation and other leisure-time occupation with the object of improving the conditions of life for the said inhabitants.
- Promote high standards of planning and architecture in or affecting the area of benefit.
- Educate and stimulate discussion on matters relating to the history, architecture, natural history and geography of the area of benefit.
- Secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of historic, architectural or public interest in or affecting the area of benefit.
- Secure protection, conservation and enhancement of the wildlife and countryside in or affecting the area of benefit.
- The amount being requested must be clearly stated and fully justified.
- We would normally expect the applicant to raise matched funding equivalent to the amount being requested.
- Grants are not made towards special events such as conferences, seminars or for travel.
- Applications from faith-based organisations are not ruled out, but evidence will be sought that there is no faith restriction in the relevant organisation’s admission and employment policies, nor in relation to the use of the money being requested.
Risks & Liabilities
In making grants, the Society will require the recipient organisation to accept all risks and liabilities associated with the activity being supported. This will be a condition of the grant.
Where appropriate, grant recipients will be asked to acknowledge and publicise P&TGRS support for the particular project. After the project is complete a short report including photographs will be required that can be uploaded to the Society’s website.
The Grant Application Form is available on the website. When completed this should be sent to email@example.com together with background quotations and other supporting documents. Applications meeting the grant-giving criteria will be considered at the next Board Meeting of the Society.
Applications will be treated on a first come first served basis. In general, once the budget for a given year has been allocated no further awards will be made until the following year.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application as soon as possible after the Board meeting.