To all residents of Penn and Tylers Green:
Friday 20 March
Representatives from several local community groups met this week to formulate a plan to try and co-ordinate a response to the current difficult Coronavirus situation.
Our aim is to ensure that our residents can readily access help when they need it. We want to set up a system that provides a two-way method of communication, including for those without access to the internet or social media and which gives people access to trusted contacts close to them.
We are very aware that people have contacted friends and neighbours to offer practical and emotional assistance and we would encourage this to continue. We would especially like to ensure that the more vulnerable and isolated in our community feel they have a known, friendly face to turn to, especially if they are unable to leave home.
As a result, we aim to create the following:
- A network of area co-ordinators that can receive and disseminate information to and from their immediate neighbourhood in a timely and efficient manner.
- A centralised list of people willing to provide help…perhaps to collect shopping, distribute prescriptions, post letters, walk dog etc. We see this being managed by each local group.
- A mechanism to tap into other community efforts and to co-ordinate a response to changing circumstances as time goes on.
To kick things off please complete the questionnaire using this link –http://tiny.cc/ptgtogether to help us understand what communication channels are already in place (WhatsApp, neighbourhood watch etc) and to identify individuals willing to help co-ordinate activity and to provide broader assistance.
We will not share personal information with other agencies/organisations without the permission of individuals.
To help us put in place an initial plan, please respond by the end of Sunday 22 March. You may receive several requests to complete this form – please only do it once!
We will post updates in Village Voice and on the following websites and social media accounts which we believe are trusted sources of information for our residents:
- Penn and Tylers Green blog – www.pennandtylersgreen.com
- Penn and Tylers Green Residents’ Society website – www.pennandtylersgreen.org.uk
- Penn and Tylers Green Residents’ Society Facebook https://www.facebook.com/PTGResidentsSociety/
This message comes from: Penn and Tylers Green Residents’ Society, Village Care, Village Voice, Chepping Wycombe Parish Council, Penn Parish Council, St Margaret’s and Holy Trinity Churches, Penn and Tylers Green Blog, Penn Patient Participation Group, Women’s Institutes, Penn and Tylers Green Scouts